Yo

You have found the right place to have fun AND learn government. Just doing this for government.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Has gas prices killed you yet?

Gas prices . . . . two words . .. . "mind blowing." I am quite sure majority of everyone agree with me on this because people don't like spending SO MUCH on gas just to get to their destinations. I recently noticed that gas is like for 3.50$ and I use plus. If gas ever goes up to 5 dollars a gallon, I think I would cry. If gas starts to raise every week at the rate it is now, I'm fairly sure that people will change their transportation vehicles to something more conservative. I don't usually pay for my gas, my parents do, but I have to pay it most of the time because I feel bad due to the high prices they are now. I am doing this good deed, but I am only a college student! I cannot handle all those expenses, everytime I refill my gas tank I feel like I want to cry as much as many people do. I think one of the methods that can attack this "gas" problem is to invest into alernative forms of transportation, for example bussing. Have more busses rome around the U.S. and more stops to pick people up. Have highways reserve a lane SOLELY for busses to save gas. By doing this, I'm fairly sure we can easily save gas by having busses carry the majority of the nation to their destination instead of cars driving 1 person compared to busses carrying approximately 50 people. This can dramatically save the unneccessary waste of gas usage and the cost of a bus ride is not as traumatizing compared to paying a whole tank of gas. Not only will our pollution will lessen, but wasting money on gas will be less! If we don't do this, I'm afraid that not only I, but everyone else will be financially unstable and cry. Well I will cry, but other people will be saddened if there is still a constant rise in gas prices. I hope some action is taken to attack the gas prices.

1 comment:

I'm from... said...

I cannot agree more with Steven's complaint of rising gas prices. There is almost not a single person who hasn't felt this blow. His porposals are bright too, we could create a lane on the highway just for buses that shuttle people to the most popular of areas. people who sit in high traffic areas such as I-35 or Mopac towards downtown might just be compelled enough to pay a small monthly fee and take the shuttle that would normally pass him right up as he inches through his commute. It's good to see Americans are trying to figure out solutions these days instead of blaming everything and Government and waiting for them to fix it. i concieve that alot of the problems we have such as these gas prices are because "bad" governing, but it's not gonna do much to just pout and wait for change. people can do many things such as find alternative forms of transportation, budget better, lobby ideas etc. Steven's ideas are excellent but his flaw is that Americans simply wont give up the luxary of driving. they can go when and wherever they want. the keyword being when, and are just too spoiled to wait for a bus in the rain or cold to sit next to another person. Many people do find alternative ways such as carpooling but i just dont think it will ever be enough people to make the difference. i feel as if the only immedicate solution is the new line of more fuel efficient vehicles automakers are developing as of now.